Drinking place: Octa





On one day in September last year, I hung out with friends at Octa before going to London. As far as I remember, the weather was still quite hot and humid so we had a lot of pints of beer to quench our thirst (as always).



I went there after one year and it lived up to my expectation, still having the same atmosphere, homey and cosy. There were a few changes in the menu but the taste of the food was still great.


One of my favourites, Gyoja with Korean mustard and soy sauce


Natto (Japanese fermented soy beans) on soft bean curd with dashi

I would like to warn you before you try this dish as Natto has its stinky smell so that if you are inexperienced of this, it could give you an unforgettable impression not in a good way...


Curry with baguette


One of the new menus that I tried on that day. It sounds pretty new to me, the combination of curry and baguette, not with nan bread or rice, but it was unexpectedly good.


And... we also had hot soup made with Korean beef tendon, oriental radish and burdock which warmed our heart. Every dish we ordered was great and the beers and highball were harmonised with the dishes, in short, satisfactory enough!



Okta

Opening hours
Tue - Sat 18:00 - 02:00

257-16, Yeonnam-dong, Mapo-gu
Seoul, South Korea

Subway: Hongik University (Line 2)
from exit 3, 10 minutes on foot

+82 (2) 325 8056

No comments:

Post a Comment