Palace: Changdeok-gung


Bukchon (North village) is one of my favourite spots in Seoul. The area is attractive as it is full of contradictory atmosphere. I meant, for examples, in this area, traditional and modern coexist and I am able to be calm and peaceful, even though I am at the centre of an extremely busy city in the globe. And, lastly, Changdeok gung is located here. I assume that Gyungbok gung is most well-known palace in Korea for foreigners but Changdeok gung is also a stunning palace to visit.  




Ah, I do love the little friends on the roof called 'Uhcheoguni'. On that day, I bumped into hundreds of them, which made me smile.  






Korean traditional decorative painting called 'Dancheong'






It was worthwhile visiting there on a lovely day in late autumn. Although I was not able to get the access to Huwon, the secret garden, located in the palace (all tickets were sold out! But you can book your tickets online in advance), I fully enjoyed the last bit of autumn with the moderate weather and fresh air. Don't miss out the amazing view in Changdeok gung this autumn. Autumn is about to say good bye to you, hurry up!

Changdeok gung

Closed on Mondays

2-71, Wharyong-dong, Jongro-gu

Seoul, South Korea

Subway: Jongro3ga (Line 1,3,5)

from exit 6, 10 minutes on foot
or
Anguk (Line 3)
from exit 3, 5 minutes on foot

+82 (2) 762 8261
webmaster@cdg.go.kr
http://eng.cdg.go.kr

No comments:

Post a Comment